(Taken Junior year)
2012 Test Dates: To Be Announced
Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test
- The first test to prepare students for the SAT.
- Now includes the new critical reading section, enhanced math, and writing (no essay).
- A shortened version of the SAT (2 hours, 10 min), which is used to qualify students as National Merit Scholarship semi-finalists.
- The test is scored on a scale of 20-80, so the top score based on the three subtests is 240. The top 2% of students become Merit Scholarship nominees, and the top 1% win Merit Scholarships.
We offer both classes and one-on-one instruction for the PSAT.
We recommend a minimum of eight hours each for the verbal and math.
Students work with subject specialist test coaches and past PSAT tests to
- Avoid traps that lower scores
- Learn specific strategies for each test: verbal, math, writing
- Expand vocabulary
- Acquire effective pacing / timing strategies
- Learn when to guess
- Improve confidence
One on One Instruction
Dr. Chippendale and Dr. Moss ($95/hour).